Saturday, August 21, 2010



Hi everyone I hope ur day was better than mine.. We had temps in the 100's and our "air conditioning unit decided that it had to much of the heat too and went out on us."ugggggggg!!!  it was too much to bear, we plugged in a few fan but all that gave us was "hot air" All I can say is that I hope that we can get it fixed with out too much expense for us because we just don't have any extra in our budget for that at this moment.

I colored several images last night and as much as I tried to get some cards done today I just could not do much of any thing.. and even now at this time of night we have our front door open trying to cool down. I did manage to finish two cards and this is my first.. This Sweet little girl is a freebie from Michelle Perkett for members of her group over at CDAC..  This is my first image that I have colored and made into a card for Michele Perkett. I have done several back to school card but hey I guess you can always do some more,
What I really wanted to show was my flower. I watched a couple of videos showing how to make "grunge flowers and roses with the "Tim Holtz" 6 petal die cut.. Well some talented ladies showed how they made the same flowers with their cricut machine. I was so excited to try and so I did. I had to practiced on a couple of different styles and for the most part they came out pretty good. I will post the pictures of my first one a little later.
                                          
Recipe:
Card stock: PTI, D P: Creative Imaginations & Ribbon (Michael's), sentiment (studio "g") 

Challenge:
Michelle Perkett -#41 Anything goes

Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sharette, sorry you're not having a good day, I hope your AC gets fixed and it's something minor. I love your flower and your card with Mary Margaret is darling! You need to enter your card into the challenge over at Operation Write Home too, here's a link for you:
    http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2010/08/michelle-perkett-studios-meets-owh.html

    Both the Michelle Perkett Studio and Operation Write Home challenges have prize packages of a $10.00 shopping spree at Michelle's Etsy store! There's another freebie at OWH too.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Michelle Perkett Studio. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharette, Oh, I'm so sorry that your a/c isnt working, I feel for you! I appreciate you joining us and posting your card on such a hot day, thank you for your lovely Mary Margaret card! You coloring is beautiful and I love your flower!:) Thank you for joining us at MPS this week and welcome, Sharette!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharette, hope your A/C is working now, but you managed to make a beautiful card, the DP is gorgeous, and your flower is perfect! Thanks for joiniing our challenge at MPS, hope to see you again next week.
    hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sharette - your flower is so pretty!! I love it! I hope you get your AC fixed soon. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Michelle Perkett Studios, hope to see you again next week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sharette! I hope your day is much better today! Thanks for playing along with us at Operation Write Home too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your air conditioning, these things aren't cheap.
    Your card is perfect for Mary Margaret going back to school. I love the backing papers. Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studios!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the DP you chose for this card. It is so perfect for Mary Margaret. Thanks for joining us at MPS.

    ReplyDelete

Listen to faithnmex6s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones