Monday, July 9, 2012

Thinking of you Now and Always

Happy Monday my Lovely Crafty Friends.. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Yes I too feel like it was just NOT long enough. But I did get some much needed crafting time for my self, so that was worth a lot. I want to share a card that I made for a friend of mine. Her Husband is battling stage 4 Colon Cancer, which has now spread to his Liver. I can not begin to imagine what this is doing to her and her family. I just keep them up lifted in "Prayers".  Yesterday his "Car Club" held a car wash and BBQ fund raiser to help with their medical expenses.. 
I knew that I had to go and give my support, if nothing else just my friendship to her. (we have known each other for over 17 yrs. So I made this card using my Favorite stamp set from Unity Stamp Co. 
I have loved this stamp set since the first time that I saw it, it was on my wish list for a while, and so not too long ago Angie the owner of Unity Stamp Co. had a great sale and this set was included and so I had to snatch it up. It's called Now and Always. IT comes with several Gorgeous Flowers that you can stamp, or paper pieced as I did for my card. I used some DP from MME stamped the flowers 3 times and then cut and layered it. I then stamped the "leave" on another DP 2 and cut it out also.

I wanted it very simple because the flower already had soo many layers to it. I used some Cream Card stock from PTI.  I stamped the swirl and leaves with PTI "New Leaf" and just added my flower with some pop dots. then I stamped the Sentiment with PTI "Blueberry Sky".
The is side with more of the same DP and another sentiment from Unity that I just love. 
Along with the card I bought her a "Red Smash" Book. As I wanted to lend my support to her because if you knew Shawn like I do you will know that she is given everything to her Husband and their 2 boys right now and I know she has nothing left for her self. So I wanted her to know that I will be her support if she needed a 'sounding board" or a shoulder to lean on..  We all know that being a "Friend" is more than just saying the words, it's showing what the words really mean.

Happy Scrapping,

1 comment:

Listen to faithnmex6s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones